Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update 17/03/2020
The health and well being of all of our members is our overriding priority and we therefore wanted to update members and our Junior Parent’s on the Club’s current position with regard to Coronavirus and the actions that need to be taken.
1) Bridge club (Tuesday & Wednesday afternoon) will be cancelled with effect from 5pm tomorrow Wednesday 18th March for the foreseeable future.
2) The club bar will be closed from 23.00 tonight, Tuesday 17th March for the foreseeable future.
The above actions are in line with government guidance.
The club and courts, will for the time being and until we are directed otherwise, remain open. We are fortunate that our courts are outdoors and that social distancing can be observed. Coaching will, for now, continue. Both paid in advance and play and pay. Please remember our coaches are self employed and that there is no current specific guidance re coaching.
The decision as to whether to attend or not is up to each individual.
PLEASE DO NOT VISIT THE CLUB IF YOU ARE UNWELL, OR HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO IS UNWELL. PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE AND SELF ISOLATE FOR THE REQUIRED PERIOD OF TIME.
Should you wish to attend and for anyone visiting the club at any time we MUST ASK THAT THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE OBSERVED AT ALL TIMES.
1) On arrival at the club – everyone to wash their hands immediately, in accordance with guidance.
2) Please DO NOT shake hands with anyone.
3) On leaving the courts – please wash your hands immediately, in accordance with guidance.
4) For anyone waiting, please follow social distancing guidance.
5) Once you have left the courts and completed hand washing please leave the club.
6) Please bring your own water/drink containers.
7) Do not use the club’s mugs and glasses and leave them for others to clear up. There is a dishwasher or water and detergent. But best to bring your own vessel!
8) The club will be sanitised as often as is possible.
It is likely in the next 24 hours that all local league matches will be suspended as recommended by the LTA. We are currently awaiting confirmation of this from the Stock Winter League. We are also awaiting confirmation regarding the Hampton’s Junior League.
We have, this afternoon, received confirmation that both the Chelmsford Summer Local League and Summer Senior league have been cancelled.
As these are unprecedented times and directives and guidance are changing rapidly we will update you on a regular basis should anything change. The following link – www.lta.org.uk/coronavirus will take you to the LTA website, where updates for the tennis community can be found.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
on behalf of GBLTC Committee